Saturday, January 24, 2015

Winning!

My new motto is fight fight fight!  I feel a little bit like I'm channeling Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail (the answer to your question is: go to the mattresses)...if you don't know what I'm talking about, you should probably stop reading this and promptly find yourself a copy...it's highly entertaining.

Anywho, on Thursday I started feeling like my old self was returning.  We were done with the IVs, the nausea was gone, the headache was mild...and I had an ever so small piece of chocolate (shhhh...don't tell anyone!).  So I decided I needed to get back in the game, and that needed to start with a motivating mantra (I'm big on mantras...I think they're super helpful).  So I said to myself, self, you're just gonna fight fight fight until you get beyond this (and then I had a little vision of Kathleen Kelly pumping her fist in the air with triumph).

And that's how my motto was born.  Since then it's come in quite handy.  I use it when I'm doing occupational therapy and I feel like that pesky headache is rearing its ugly head...or when I'm stuck in that oxygen chamber and trying to keep the panic at bay...or when I am swirling around the pool being asked to do things that defy what I think should be possible.

We’re in it to win it now, so…fight fight fight!

2 comments:

  1. Fight away, my little B!!! Sending prayers and healing energy across the miles - <3 ,<3, <3 to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a USC grad you know that Trojans always FIGHT ON! Hold on to the experiences you like and push through the ones you don't. When you get Home you will never have to get inside an oxygen chamber again! But, we can definitely find someon the more enjoyable activities for you to do here! Wishing you well and we will all be patiently waiting your return! Keep up that fight!

    ReplyDelete