Friday, January 23, 2015

Home


Weight of Your World by Roo Panes.  Not feeling your best...in a foreign country...can make you feel a little homesick from time to time.  This song came on today and it made me miss you.

I miss the smell of fresh air...the feel of sunshine on my face...the sound of birds outside my window.  I miss tea time at Peet's and gelato at Dolce and food – real honest to goodness food.  I miss the smell of clean laundry, my lovely little shower, and the bottle of Crystal Geyser water that sits on my counter at home, beckoning to be drank.  I miss the comfy white chair in my living room, binge watching Gilmore Girls, and a proper cup of tea...in a real tea cup.  I miss the visits with my bestie, the laugh of my buddy, and the sight of my favorite smile peering around my office door.

I think there is truth in needing to be at home within ourselves...wherever we are.  But I am a creature of comfort, a creature of habit, and a creature of simple pleasures...and today I miss my home.  For now I will have to sustain myself on the memory of home – knowing that it is all still there, waiting for me to return.  And THAT fills my heart with such gratitude...what a privilege to have such a lovely home to come home to.

No comments:

Post a Comment