Thursday, January 15, 2015

And then she fell in love...

As a kid I lived in water.  I could spend hours, literally, in the pool or the lake.  I loved it - because I was free.  I would dance and twirl, do head stands and pretend I was a million different things. There were no barriers.  All the things I couldn't do on dry land, I could do as a fish...in the water.

I haven’t been in the water in at least 10 years.  Somewhere along the lines it became too difficult to get in and out of pools and such.  A couple years ago I tried to find an aquatic therapy pool back home, but was unsuccessful.  The closest one I could find was in Huntington Beach, but it wasn't accessible (odd… for a therapy pool) - so my heart continued to long for its old familiar friend.

And then, this happened...




This is the moment I fell in love...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment