Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Down Time

The third spinal injection was Friday and it unfortunately had a pretty rough aftermath again.  I woke up feeling okay, but after a small amount of exertion, I was down for the count…again.  Unwavering headache and nausea was followed by two days of IV fluids and a series of dexamethasone shots.

But we’re hanging in there…and I’ve decided, as we enter into our final two weeks here, that I have had enough spinal injections.  We will be flying home on the 15th and I cannot imagine making a fifteen plus hour trek across the Pacific feeling like this.  I’ve decided I would rather get better and focus the time we have left on the benefits of the therapies.  So, I changed my last two injections to IV injections, as I respond much better to these, and I will still get the benefit of additional stem cells before we leave.  I feel really good about this decision – kind of like a small weight has been lifted.

In other news, I have had plenty of time to think during my down time, and up next we’re focusing on gratitude – as we all know the best attitude is an attitude of gratitude (Right, buddy!?).

So, stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment