Sunday, February 8, 2015

simply grand, darling!

We've been here for a month today...and since it's Sunday, the occasion called for an outing (I'm getting a little better at outings!).  I took the liberty of choosing the day's events and I decided that we needed a little pampering (Did I mention that Sundays don't come with hot water?  It's just another special Bangkok quirk).  So, after our cold showers, we headed to the Grand Hyatt Hotel for a bit of spa treatment and a small treat!

The Grand Hyatt was quite lovely.  We enjoyed a facial at the i.sawan spa...which was so so enjoyable.




Afterwards, we took a tour of the hotel and the adjacent Erawan Mall.






And then we had an afternoon treat in the Garden Lounge (a smidge of cheating is permitted on Sunday…says I).  I love that cups of tea here come with a small complimentary morsel.  I think all tea should be served this way. 




Overall, the afternoon was like a little breath of fresh air...I'm starting to feel like I'm getting the hang of this Bangkok thing.  Of course we will be leaving in 6 days, 16 hours and 35 minutes...but who's counting?

No comments:

Post a Comment